When you find developers you face lots of web development jobs and requirements for them. In this article AOG IT outstaffing company will throw light on the main requirements, frameworks and languages that front end developer and back end developer should know well.
Frontend is in charge of user’s/ client’s side and can be called “human”. It includes user’s experience and feelings when he/ she touches, sees and so on. That is why a front end developer should work on an app with a definite forecast of user’s interpretation of interface. For instance, when you explore newly added app you will feel the difference between a good and not really good one. The good ones are usually developed by experienced front end developers taking care about simple design, customized search, absence of pop-up banners and better user experience in general.
This is a list of technical skills required for a frontend developer:
- HTML is a language well understood by browsers and is used in emails newsletters, web and mobile pages. It is basics of everything and must be at a developer’s finger ends;
- CSS includes templates, buttons, lights and many more features for improving page layout;
Backend is responsible for functioning of applications and pages. A web page can look fantastic, but if it does not work it will be a fiasco for users (read: potential buyers). The backend of an application is in charge of calculations, business logic, database interactions, and performance.
Most of the code that is required to make an application function will be done on the backend. Backend code is run on the server, as opposed to the client. This means that backend developers not only need to understand programming languages and databases, but they must have an understanding of server architecture as well. If an application is slow, crashes often, or constantly throws errors at users, it’s likely because of backend problems. So when hire remote developer pay attention to the following technical skills:
- Ruby – a programming language created to be fun and efficient. Its structure is easy to read and thus to learn. Ruby on Rails is one of the most popular web development tools for small businesses and startups. Twitter, Github and others started with this very language and some even continue using it;
- Python resembles Ruby much and stands for readability. A popular web development framework Django also makes Python a popular choice for building misc web applications. Python can be used whenever Ruby can;
- SQL – a universal database query language. Most often it does not matter which language or framework outsourced programmers choose, 95% of likelihood they will be using SQL or some of its abstractions.
All these facts should be born in mind when searching developers for hire. We hope that this article was useful for you and will help make the right choice!